If I purchase a license for iPassword 5, will it work with the legacy version for Mavericks?

Options
jhs0807
jhs0807
Community Member
edited September 2015 in Mac

I am considering licensing iPassword, but it requires Yosemite. If I purchase a password for version 5, will it work with the legacy versions, specifically for Mavericks?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store, kb:educational-license, kb:legacy-versions

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW5 requires Yosemite (and, probably, El Capitan), but you can always get an old version of 1PW from the Legacy section at the bottom of the Downloads page. And the licence for 1PW4 is the same as for 1PW5.

That's fine if you don't need iCloud sync (as Dropbox sync will always work). If you insist on iCloud sync for your own reasons, then 1PW has to be bought from the Mac App Store, and I am not sure if 1PW4 remains available there.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jhs0807,

Sorry for any confusion about that! 1Password 4 for Mac supports Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9, and as danco said, you can download version 4 from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site. If you buy a 1Password 5 for Mac license from the AgileBits Store, that same license will work with 1Password 4.

Technically, it's still possible to install 1Password 4 for Mac from the Mac App Store, but in order to do that, you'll first need to purchase 1Password 5 from the Mac App Store on a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). Once you do that, you'll be able to install version 4 from the Mac App Store on Mavericks. That obviously requires jumping through a couple hoops, so you're probably better off purchasing a license from the AgileBits Store.

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.