MacStore version upgrade

Options
emklaver
emklaver
Community Member

Hello, AgileBiters...

I'm a LONGTIME 1P user (version 1, maybe?) and not only love the app but recommend it to everyone I know. I talk about the ability to sync my data through iCloud, but just noticed my sun issn' working. I'm guessing it's because I don't have the Mac AppStore version? (I'm guessing I've just upgraded all along through your site.) I'm deeply rooted in iCloud and want to enable that functionality, but (and I don't want to sound cheap here, but...) feel like as a long-time user I shouldn't have to pay $50 to get software that I already own.

Is there something that I'm missing? Is there a way to upgrade/convert without worrying about the money? Thanks!

Erik

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.3.2 (532001) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Want to enable iCloud sync: looks like I need Mac Store version. Owner since the early days. Help!?!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @emklaver,

Sadly we are very limited when it comes to 1Password for Mac in Mac App Store and this was a big sticking point when we first introduced support for iCloud Drive/CloudKit. Sadly there is no way to migrate AgileBits Store users or even offer a discount for those wishing to transition as the Mac App Store supports neither. It's not a position we ever wanted to be in as many users felt cheated (which of course was never our intent).

We talk about this change on our KB article I do not see the option to sync with iCloud in 1Password for Mac and Dave's response when we first introduced 1Password 5 can be found in iCloud Changes in the Website Version of 1Password 5.

I wish there was something we could do for all the iCloud users who were running our AgileBits Store version but everything was considered at at time. I am sorry :(

This discussion has been closed.