1password Mac iCloud not syncing

Options
gkralston
gkralston
Community Member

We are seeing delays 20 to 30 minutes for The latest version of one password Mac from the App Store running the latest version of Yosemite 10.10. We have not, of course, had a successful synchronization with iOS, which reports that it has synchronized within seconds to iCloud. We are on One password 6.0.1 running on iOS 9.0.1

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gkralston,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with iCloud sync! To make sure I understand, can you please clarify a couple things:

We are seeing delays 20 to 30 minutes for The latest version of one password Mac from the App Store...

Do you mean iCloud sync is delayed? If so, where are the delayed changes showing up? You said it hasn't synced at all to 1Password for iOS, so is there another Mac involved? Where are you making changes to 1Password, and where do the changes appear after 20 to 30 minutes? Or maybe I misunderstood what you meant. If you can elaborate on the problem, that will be helpful.

We have not, of course, had a successful synchronization with iOS, which reports that it has synchronized within seconds to iCloud.

Are you setting up 1Password on your iOS device(s) for the first time? Or switching over from a different sync method? If you chose iCloud sync during the setup but it didn't find any 1Password data on iCloud, it wouldn't be showing you the number of seconds since it synced, so that seems to imply that you created a (possibly empty?) vault on iOS and then enabled iCloud in the sync settings. Or, did you already have a vault with existing data in 1Password for iOS, and are now trying to use iCloud sync to merge it with the vault from your Mac?

Please let us know some more details about your setup, such as where you have your most current data, if iCloud sync was working before, if you were using a different sync method before, the steps you're taking to set up iCloud sync on the Mac and iOS devices, etc. The more details you can provide, the better. Once we have a better understanding of the setup on your end, we should have a better idea of how to proceed. Thanks in advance! :)

• gkralston
    gkralston
    Community Member
    Options

Existing setup.

Nothing new about the setup for over a month. Connected the two clients to a single, primary vault in iCloud. No blank or duplicate vaults. Confirmed as data EVENTUALLY syncs.

most current data - hard to say if iCloud Sync is not working... I believe we have unsynced changes on both sides until the mac deigns to talk with iCloud.

iOS Sync - works fine. a change in the mac shows up in iOS as soon as the mac (eventually) syncs. I even forced a sync in 1P iOS settings.
    Just installed iOS 9 about a week ago.

Mac OSX Sync - long delays. i.e. right now it shows latest sync was an hour ago. The record I updated on the iOS device has not updated on the mac, yet.

Does that help?

Gary

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

iOS Sync - works fine. a change in the mac shows up in iOS as soon as the mac (eventually) syncs. I even forced a sync in 1P iOS settings.

@gkralston: I think this might be the problem. You can't force sync with iCloud. It's controlled entirely by the OS. Ultimately you may need to contact Apple if you're having issues with iCloud, since it is owned and operated by them. We simply don't have access to it...

However, I wonder if you're actually syncing with iCloud on all devices, or if you're logged into the same account. That would certainly account for the strange behaviour. Please follow the steps in this guide, as it should help at least narrow down the problem, if not solve it:

iCloud troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.