Using 1Password 5, OS X 10.10.5, want to delete some items (files) but cannot figure out how.

Options
rhands
rhands
Community Member

Using 1Password 5 on 10.10.5 Mac. Cannot figure out how to delete an item, have searched everywhere, well probably almost everywhere.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete a file

Comments

• Hey @rhands! You should be able to select the item and press the delete key, then click Move to Trash. If not, right-click the item and click Move to Trash. I have a system running the same OS as you and I've been able to delete items using that method. Let me know if it works for you! :)

• rhands
    rhands
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. I tried it and from the Menu Bar:Item:Restore from Trash I was able to clear the item. Not intuitive but it worked. Thanks again.

• rhands
    rhands
    Community Member
    Options

On further clicking and clacking, I viewed my items in the View All mode. From there I could click to Edit and then click "Move to Trash". If viewed as type of item i.e. Login only, it basically does not allow editing.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @rhands,

It sounds like you might be trying to trash an item from 1Password mini (i.e. the 1Password icon in the menu bar at the top of your Mac). Although that's possible, it might be easier for you to do so from the main 1Password app. Just open the main 1Password app, then try penderworth's suggestion of selecting an item and pressing delete (or right-click and select Move to Trash). You can also use the ⌘+delete keyboard shortcut after selecting an item.

After moving an item to the Trash in 1Password, it will remain in the Trash until you empty it, just like the normal Trash on Mac OS. In the main 1Password app, scroll to the bottom of the sidebar to find the Trash. You can restore an item from the Trash if you don't want to permanently delete it.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.