Save new login in extension does not work

Options
jgarnham
jgarnham
Community Member

Clicking 'Save new login' in the action menu from the 1Password extension does not do anything. No new window nor 1Password appears.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Save new login in extension does not work

Comments

• Hey @jgarnham! As mentioned in this post, this is a known bug in the extension. Could you try heading to this link and downloading the beta extension? Let me know if that works!

• jgarnham
    jgarnham
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth I'm currently using the beta extension 4.5.0b1 and am still experiencing the issue.

• @jgarnham Well darn it, that's no good. Are there particular websites that saving a new login hasn't been working, or is it always failing?

• jgarnham
    jgarnham
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

@penderworth Almost all websites failing (for example youtube.com doesn't work) and to clarify this is when trying to do so manually, i.e. open up extension, click cog, click the 'Save new Login'.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jgarnham: This may sound like a strange question, but are you at a login page with your credentials filled? 1Password shouldn't offer you the save dialog if you're not. I just tried this at YouTube (which just uses Google's standard login pages) and didn't have any trouble saving a new login.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to go much further. Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• jgarnham
    jgarnham
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty D'oh! I misunderstood the purpose of that action, I thought it was to manually create a new login from scratch (not from anything entered in a login form). Makes sense now why nothing happened when I clicked it because I wasn't on a login page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jgarnham: That's a relief! I thought something might really be broken in a new and 'interesting' way. Stranger things have happened! :lol:

I'm glad to hear that it's working as intended, though I do apologize for the confusion! Be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :chuffed:

• jgarnham
    jgarnham
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Sorry to cause you alarm! No worries, thank you for your help :)

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jgarnham,

I'm glad brenty was able to clear that up for you! Just for your reference, here are some relevant pages from our user guide that may be useful to you:

Saving a login

Changing a saved password

Let us know if you have any other questions. Otherwise, have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.