Unable to migrate from splash ID - I don't think splash is exporting in proper format.

Options
brhrad
brhrad
Community Member

Splash seems to be exporting as txt files. When I go to import in 1 password, all I get is a "ding" and nothing imports.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:import-splashid, kb-search:splashID, kb:import-splashid, kb:import, kb:import-splashid

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you using @MrC's Convert to 1Password utility? That's by far the best way to import from Splash ID.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brhrad,

I'm sorry you're having trouble importing data from SplashID into 1Password!

You should actually be exporting your data from SplashID to a vID format file. We have steps to do that here: Import data from SplashID into 1Password

If you have trouble with that, I definitely recommend trying out the converter utility that Stephen mentioned, and you can find some more information about those in this knowledgebase article. You can also check out a forum thread MrC started for his converters here: MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility

Does that help? Please let us know if you have more questions or need more assistance with that. We're here for you! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Options

@brhrad ,

Please do check out the converters mentioned above. I just promoted the 1.06 version to Stable, and it includes the really simple AppleScript Helper. You export your data, double-click the helper, and then follow the instructions.

The README file will tell you exactly how to export your SplashID data.

This discussion has been closed.