Connection failure error when downloading 1Password extension in FF41

Options
doctorjohn
doctorjohn
Community Member
edited September 2015 in Mac

Firefox asked me to upgrade to the latest version, and suddenly 1Password has been disabled. You can't download it from agilebits because it isnt signed by Mozilla, but Mozilla doesn't show it as available in the download extension section.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:FF41 doesn't offer an extension for 1Password

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What happens if you go to 1Password 5 > Install Browser Extensions...?

Stephen

• doctorjohn
    doctorjohn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding, Stephen. When you go to that menu option, and click install, you get the "Firefox prevented this site from asking you" warning. When I click allow, I get an error message saying, "This add-on could not be loaded because of a connection failure." My internet connection seems to be working fine in all respects, so not sure what this could mean."

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @doctorjohn,

You should still be able to install and use the 1Password extension in Firefox 41. They are making some changes in their signing requirements for extensions/add-ons, but we're keeping up with them. You can read more about those changes in our article here.

When I click allow, I get an error message saying, "This add-on could not be loaded because of a connection failure."

We find that this error is usually caused by a third-party anti-virus or security program. This previous discussion thread explains more. You should find a solution there. If not, do let us know.

• doctorjohn
    doctorjohn
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much--I believe a virus checker was still active. I'll give it another shot.

• doctorjohn
    doctorjohn
    Community Member
    Options

Follow-up. Got it installed correctly. Turns out it wasn't enough to "quit" the antivirus checker (I use Avast). Had to uninstall it. Perhaps of some help to others.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up, @doctorjohn! Very good to know. I think it may indeed be of some help to others; that's what's great about the forums! :)

Have a great week, and we'll be here to help if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.