1Password could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 38.3.0

I am running 1Password 4 on Windows 7 x64. I am trying to install the extension for Firefox 38.3.0 ESR. When I try to install I get the error "1Password could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 38.3.0". Is there a solution for this that allows me to keep using this version of Firefox?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 (64 bits)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password cannot be installed because it is not compatible with the version of Firefox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emalaga: First, why are you using Firefox ESR 38? The old 1Password 3 extension is broken in Firefox 39 and above, but since you're using 1Password 4 you can use the current version of Firefox (41 at this time) with the latest 1Password 4 extension:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

But if for some reason you're intent on using an old version of Firefox, 1Password is installed independently of any web browsers...so I'm not sure where you're even getting this error. Can you provide a screenshot? To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• emalaga
    emalaga
    Community Member

I need to use this version of Firefox on this computer because I use it for work and currently my company has this firefox version as the only approved one.

Here is what I do, I go to:

Click on the install Firefox extension button which takes me here:

And then after downloads and tries to install I get:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emalaga: Aha! It's a Firefox error! Sorry for the trouble. It isn't clear why, but you're right: Firefox ESR 38 doesn't like the 4.4.3 extension. We'll see if there's some way to get it working in an update, but it may simply be that it doesn't support the newer signed extension releases required by Firefox 40 and up. In the mean time, you can use the 4.4.2 extension:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4#4040290

I hope this helps. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• emalaga
    emalaga
    Community Member

Hi brenty, that solved the problem! Thanks for your prompt help.

Regards,

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

Firefox will (or it should) update you to the latest version of 1Password extension when the next ESR major version comes out, which will be next March.

This discussion has been closed.