Licensing

Options
epcox
epcox
Community Member

I have a Mac, iPhone and Android device I would like to use 1Password on, I am still confused about licensing, can you please shed some light as to what I need. Also since I have multiple platforms would I be getter off purchasing from your website? I also do not want to push my information to the cloud, can I synch all devices across platforms via wi-fi?
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You have to buy the versions for iOS and Android from the respective stores, as those are the only places from which they are available.

As iCloud sync cannot be used on an Android device (and, anyway, you don't want to use the cloud), it is best to buy the Mac version direct from the AgileBits website. Buying direct gives the option of discounted upgrades when there is a paid upgrade (probably not soon, but I can't be sure) and its only disadvantage is the direct version does not allow iCloud sync.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @epcox,

I'm glad to hear you're interested in 1Password for Mac, iOS, and Android! :)

1Password is licensed separately on each supported platform, which means the Mac, iOS, and Android versions of 1Password are sold separately. You can find more information about how 1Password is licensed here: What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

1Password for Mac is available from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store. The main difference is that iCloud sync is only available in the Mac App Store version (both versions support Dropbox and Wi-Fi sync). But as danco pointed out, iCloud sync doesn't work with 1Password for Android, and you don't want to use a cloud sync solution anyway, so there's probably no advantage in buying the Mac App Store version in your situation. We have more information about the difference between the Mac App Store and AgileBits Store versions here: Should I buy 1Password from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store?

1Password for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features. If you would like to unlock the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS, you can do so with an in-app purchase. We have more information about that here: Pro Features FAQ (iOS)

1Password for Android can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for free, and will be fully functional / unrestricted for 30 days. After that, its Reader functionality will remain free, and if you want to unlock the premium features, you can do that with an in-app purchase. We have more information here: Premium features FAQ (Android)

If you don't want to use a cloud sync solution, no problem! You can sync your 1Password data using the Wi-Fi sync option. You can find the steps to set that up here: Wi-Fi Sync

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. I hope you enjoy 1Password for Mac, iOS, and Android! :)

This discussion has been closed.