Every time, I download a newer version of Adobe Reader, my 1Password does not work. Call me

Options
1clarkejones
1clarkejones
Community Member

It use to automatically put my credit card or password in the fill-in space. I also use to have on my toolbar a 1Password and it would automatically ask me if I wanted to use it or automatically fill it in for me

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Every time, I download a newer version of Adobe Reader, my 1Password does not work. I would like to speak with someone on the phone

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1clarkejones,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password! It sounds like you might be describing a few different issues here, or perhaps different symptoms of the same issue. So, just to make sure I understand:

Every time, I download a newer version of Adobe Reader, my 1Password does not work.

Do you mean 1Password doesn't work with the Adobe Reader app? 1Password is able to integrate with web browsers via the 1Password extension, but it can't integrate with other apps the same way - therefore, it won't work with the Adobe Reader app.

On the other hand, do you mean that every time you update the Adobe Reader app, it causes the other problems you described?

It use to automatically put my credit card or password in the fill-in space.

1Password never fills a form on a website unless you explicitly tell it to do so. For example, if you are shopping on a website and need to enter your credit card information, you'll need to select your Credit Card item from the 1Password extension in your web browser. You can do the same thing to fill your username/password on a login form (or alternately, open a Login item from the main 1Password app). But 1Password won't fill information for you unless you tell it to. We have more information here: Why doesn’t 1Password automatically fill forms when the page loads?

If you're unable to use the 1Password extension, that's probably related to the next thing you mentioned:

I also use to have on my toolbar a 1Password and it would automatically ask me if I wanted to use it or automatically fill it in for me

Are you referring to the menu bar at the very top of the screen, or the toolbar in your web browser? You should normally see a 1Password icon in both places. If you don't see it in one or the other, that probably explains why it isn't working. To help us figure out what's going on, can you please let us know a few more details:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What web browser are you using, and what version?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?
    • Do you see the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar at the top of the screen?

Once we know that, we should have a much better idea of how to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.