I want to set up One Password for my computer at home (used by my wife) and on her iPhone and iPad.

Options
ppage64
ppage64
Community Member

I have One Password on my work Mac, Macbook Pro, iPhone 6 and iPad. i want to set up my Mac at home (used by my wife) and her iPhone 6+ and iPad 2. Do I need to purchase One Password for all of her devices and the home Mac or can she share mine on all of her devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:do i need to purchase One password for all of my wife's devices if I already have it on mine?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The iOS version is free in its basic form, with an in-app purchase providing extra features. If your wife uses the same Apple ID as you, then the in-app Pro features will work on her machine as well as yours. Unfortunately, Apple does not permit family sharing for in-app purchases, so she would have to pay for this if she wants it. However, the purchase would cover iPad and iPhone.

On the Macs, it depends whether you bought from the App Store or direct from AgileBits. If from the App Store, then she either needs to use the same Apple ID or you need family sharing set up (it works in this case). If bought direct, then the same licence will work, but do note that the licence needs to be applied.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ppage64,

Danco's answer is spot-on, I hope that helped to answer your questions! For more information about how 1Password licensing works, please check out this knowledgebase article: What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

If you have more questions or need anything else, we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.