I bought 1password twice by mistake.

Options
reece22
reece22
Community Member

Hi, I bought 1password from your site awhile back. Today I tried to put it on my new computer so I went to the Apple Store to download it and I got charged again. I didn't realize this would happen. Can you refund me for the mistaken purchase? If you want to check your records, my name is Reece Carmona.
Thanks,
Reece

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:charged twice, kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you purchased that second license from Apple, as you say you did, you will need to take up your refund request with them. They provide no information at all to AgileBits (or any other developer) about who buys their application. The email receipt you received from the Mac App Store for 1Passwrod will include a link to Report a Problem. If you click that, you can initiate the process to get a refund from Apple.

Hope that helps.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reece22,

I'm sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Mac is available from either the AgileBits Store (which is on our own website) or the Mac App Store (which is run by Apple). If you bought a license for 1Password for Mac from the AgileBits Store, your license will only work with the AgileBits Store version of 1Password. Apple doesn't have information about purchases made from us, just as we don't have information about purchases made from the Mac App Store. Since the Mac App Store has no way of knowing you had already purchased a license from our web store, it charged you to purchase it there.

You should be able to get a refund for your purchase from the Mac App Store. However, as hawkmoth said, we can't process the refund ourselves because that purchase was made through Apple, and Apple maintains all control over Mac App Store transactions (including refunds). Hawkmoth is also correct that you'll have to click the Report a Problem link on the receipt Apple sent you, and request the refund from them.

Again, I'm sorry for any confusion about all that! Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• reece22
    reece22
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the support. I explained the issue using the "report a problem" link and there was an auto response that said there was no refunds issued for the app. I'm hoping an actual person will read the problem and get back to me.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reece22,

We wish you best of luck with your refund from Apple. Meanwhile, your AgileBits Store license is still valid for the version of 1Password for Mac that you can download from our Downloads page or from the Download link in the email we sent you on 8/14 with your receipt and license information.

Here's a guide to help you migrate any saved data from the Mac App Store version to the AgileBits Store version of the app:

Switching to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits Store

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.