How do I set 1Password to fill in randomly selected numbers from a set of 6 for example at login

Options
Jjoanna
Jjoanna
Community Member

Please help - my credit card company requires a username on one page, a password and a set of 3 numbers from a larger 'memorable' number of 6.

Is it possible to get 1password to enter all of these details at Login? If so can some one point me in the right direction for the instructions...

Many thanks,

Jo

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:ios/create-a-login-item, ug:ios/settings-security, kb-search:filling in webforms, kb-search: web forms, kb:create-multi-page-login

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There is at present no way to get 1PW to fill in random characters from any password.

Best option is to set 1PW up to fill in username and password but not to submit this as a login (assuming the three numbers are needed on the same page) and to put the memorable number of the Notes section of your item.

• Jjoanna
    Jjoanna
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you I will do that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jjoanna: However, the multi-page login guide will at least help you create a login item for each step, in case that makes it easier for you to manage these.

And in regard to the 'random character' issue, you might find it useful to press ⌘ ⌥ \ on that page, highlight the login, click the 'anchor' button in the lower left corner to pin it in place while you enter the required information into that form.

Additionally, we're testing a Large Type feature in beta currently that might also be helpful for you once it's released:

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.