New Logins from Generated Passwords

I'm readdressing an old topic that I previously discussed here. My question was answered for OS X, but as far as I can tell, not addressed in Windows.

I use 1Password for both OS X, Windows, and am frustrated by how lacking the user experience is in the Windows version. I know there is an alpha 1Password for Windows, and a final product, I would expect, should be coming soon (please, please, please). But, in the meantime, I want to share that I'm still experiencing the same annoyance as before. I assume that the Windows team is emulating the flagship OS X product, but in the event that they aren't, I'd like to call attention to this (missing) feature.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, a website isn't configured properly to allow 1Password to capture and create a new profile for the site. In my experience, this usually happens in multi-step, AJAX based registration forms. In these instances, I'll have 1Password generate a password, but after completing site registration, I'm not prompted to save a new entry in the 1Password database.

In OS X, this is no problem. I go into OS X 1Password, search for the site and I find this:

In Windows (8.1 or 10) (1Password v.4.6.0.586), I get this, and I can't figure out any way to convert this to a login other than to copy the password and manually create a new entry.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Jables,

Thank you, once again, for contributing to this forum with your feedback.

While we are constantly working on making the usage experience feel familiar and great across all of our products, we need to keep in mind that different operating systems don't work the same way and thus the software that runs on them can't be identical.
    I also wouldn't label 1Password for Mac the flagship product. There are many features that have originated on iOS, Android, and Windows that have been incorporated in the other versions.

That being said, I, too, miss the feature you've described in 1Password 4 for Windows, and it's on our list of things to add to our Windows version.

For the moment what you can do, is go to the site in question, and save the login manually. You can then copy the password into the entry in a second step.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.