error message while syncing to Windows

When attempting to sync my iPhone 6 and Windows 7 desktop I am getting this error message: "There was a delay in syncing of 5 minutes that exceeded the maximum of 5 minutes"'. My iPhone is recongizing the desktop and seems to take the secret, but when the "Sync Now" button is hit, I get that error message. There is not a 5 minute delay in connecting the two devices.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delay in syncing

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@drcotlar: This error is telling you that the connection attempt is timing out. 1Password isn't receiving a response, and that's as long as it's willing to wait.

This indicates that something is blocking the connection. Do you have firewall or security software running that may be blocking Bonjour or 1Password from communicating over your network? This is much more likely to be on the PC end (or possibly router), since you can't run a firewall or antivirus on iOS. The best thing to do is create an exception for both Bonjour and 1Password. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• drcotlar
    drcotlar
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty

I should have mentioned that error message comes on immediately, way before five minutes has elapsed .
    Since I submitted this problem, I tried to sync on my iPad and I could do that successfully,

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @drcotlar,

I'm glad it is syncing now. It is possible your iOS device's time offset by a few minutes compared to your PC, we require an identical time/date frame between both sides when syncing or it would be difficult to determine which files were newer. I suspect this is why the error message came instantly, it already was off by 5 minutes.

I would recommend updating your iOS devices to iOS 9.0.2 if you haven't done it already, that update fixed the time sync issue on iOS devices.

This discussion has been closed.