1password will not open a new vault; on any entry it says the vault name already exists

Options
reijk
reijk
Community Member

having bought 1Password5 and and trying to sync with my devices 1p asks me to open a new vault and therefor to enter a hoofdwachtwoord that is dutch for head password .
any password is rejected because of already existing and so I can't get further with my new 1Password account

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer, ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, kb:icloud-faq, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:icloud-requires-mac-app-store

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reijk,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble syncing your 1Password data!

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what's happening on your end, could you please elaborate and give us more details about the problem? If you can describe the exact steps you're taking and what happens when you do that, we should have a much better idea of how to help you get things working again.

Also, it will help if you can let us know the following:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • How are you trying to sync your data (Dropbox, iCloud, Wi-Fi Sync)?
    • What other devices are you trying to sync with 1Password?
    • If you're using 1Password on iOS devices, what exact version of 1Password is installed on those iOS devices?
    • Where do you have your most up-to-date 1Password information?
    • Do you have multiple vaults set up in 1Password, or just your Primary vault?
    • Where are you seeing the error message (Mac, iOS, etc)?
    • What is the exact/full error message you get when trying to set up sync? If possible, it would be great to see a screenshot of that.

Thanks in advance!

• reijk
    reijk
    Community Member
    Options

After some seeking and hussling 1P is working on my devices !
    But, i thought I should get the possibility of opening a new Vault, where i can put secret pictures but I only see that I can
    store written messages. Is that right ?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reijk,

I'm glad you were able to get the sync problem sorted out! :)

But, i thought I should get the possibility of opening a new Vault, where i can put secret pictures but I only see that I can
    store written messages. Is that right ?

Are you asking how to add/create a new vault in 1Password, or how to add an attachment (like a picture) to one of your items? If you want to create a new vault in 1Password for Mac, we have steps to do that in the user guide here: Create a new vault

Or if you're trying to figure out how to add an attachment to an item, we explain how to do that here: Attach a file

I hope that helps, but we're here for you if you have more questions about that! :)

This discussion has been closed.