What licenses do I need for a Mac, iPhone and Chrome, AND the ability to share passwords with my...

wife?

Sorry everyone, I realize there is licensing information all over the site, but I want specifics.

I need 1password on the following devices, for me:

• iPhone
  • Mac
  • Windows 7 (work machine - Chrome plugin preferred)

I also need 1password on iPhone for my wife, and the ability to share certain passwords with her. I can't use Dropbox at work, so iCloud will have to be our sync solution.

I sure appreciate any light you can shed. Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• dsanculi
    dsanculi
    Community Member

I believe I've answered one of my own questions, which rules out 1Password.

If you don't have access to Dropbox (I'm in a corporate environment), then there is no other sync option. Wifi is not a sync option in my environment: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/237319/#Comment_237319

Looks like I'm stuck with LastPass. :(

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @dsanculi,

I'm sadden to hear we don't have a sync solution for you. You can technically use a USB drive to sync between the PC and the USB drive and then bring it home to sync between Mac and the device. However, it is more hassle than your current setup. I hope we'll have something for you in the near future and you'll reconsider trying 1Password again.

Just to make sure you have this information:

1. The single license that we sell at our store includes the family sharing with up to 5 family members. So, a single purchase of the Mac+Windows bundle license will cover all of your family's computers, regardless of how many computers or Mac/PC type as long as you and all 5 family members are the only 1Password users on these PCs. If you need the iCloud Sync, then you must purchase 1Password at the Mac App Store and email us the proof of purchase, so we can give you the discount on the Windows license to match the bundle cost. However, iCloud won't work because you can't share data between iCloud accounts, so Dropbox remains the only option for now for sharing your vaults among family members.
    2. Unfortunately, while 1Password for iOS is free, the in-app purchase cannot be shared between AppleID accounts in a family. You have to use the same AppleID to reuse the same purchase on multiple iOS devices.

Thanks for looking into 1Password, again, I'm sorry we don't have a solution for you right now.

This discussion has been closed.