Upgrade for 1Password for Mac

Options
dspiers167
dspiers167
Community Member

I was checking for updates or upgrades for my 1Password for Mac and the website showed an upgrade for this version for $24.95, however, said I had to download from iTunes and on iTunes the price is $49.99. How do I get the $24.95 price for upgrade?

1Password Version: 5.0.2
Extension Version: 4.4.0
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1Password for Mac upgrade on website was $24.95 and iTunes $49.95

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dspiers167,

Sadly there isn't a way to offer an upgrade price in Apple's Mac App Store. The ability to offer a discounted upgrade price to existing users is some we can do in our own store as it's completely under our own control. Apple don't currently offer a way to either migrate users to the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac or to offer particular users a discounted price. Maybe one day they will but sadly for the moment it isn't possible.

Now one thing I would say is you are currently licensed to run 1Password 5 (our current version is 5.3.2 by the way) so please ignore the website, you are already entitled to run the latest version of 1Password for Mac and you don't need to spend a penny to do so.

I hope that helps but should you have any questions at all please do let us know :smile:

• dspiers167
    dspiers167
    Community Member
    Options

I have not see anything to update to the current version. I looked in 1Password and did not see any updates. Where do I update from?

• Hey @dspiers167,

According to your original post, you're on version 5.0.2. The current stable version of 1Password for Mac is 5.3.2, and you should be able to update to it in the app by clicking the 1Password menu and selecting Check for Updates.

If that's not working for some reason, you can obtain the latest version of the app on our downloads page. There's no need to pay for an upgrade since your license works with the most recent version of the app. If you're having trouble with your license, let us know and we can send you it again. :)

Hope this helps! We're here to help out if you need anything else.

• dspiers167
    dspiers167
    Community Member
    Options

I went to 1Password website and see the 5.3.2 and clicked download but all that does is take me to 1Password and it shows that the update I download isn't there and still have same version.

• dspiers167
    dspiers167
    Community Member
    Options

Today must not be my day. There is no "menu" when I open 1Password. When I click on the anchor, I see that it says attachment is shows "License.onepassword-license" but when you click on it, there is nothing there.

• dspiers167
    dspiers167
    Community Member
    Options

There is nothing to "check for update"

• @dspiers167 Thanks for the additional info. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac by following the steps here:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thank you very much!

• svanroo1
    svanroo1
    Community Member
    Options

Not working on Mac El Capitan. Still running version 5.02 See no upgrade except vs. 6 for Ipad, I phone. Click on Open 1Password, nothing happens.

• dspiers167
    dspiers167
    Community Member
    Options

I have El Capitan so that may be why I can't update.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @dspiers167,

Thank you for sending in the diagnostic report. Somebody will respond shortly and hopefully we can get things ironed out for you :smile:

ref: QGD-64639-483

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @svanroo1,

Are you saying that since you upgraded to El Capitan you cannot open 1Password? If you are that's a very different issue from the one dspiers167 is experiencing. Does this post help you at all?

• svanroo1
    svanroo1
    Community Member
    Options

Post did not help. Current saved Passwords work fine. However if I want to add any, nothing happens. Blinks for second that's it. Gear icon on search, try to "open 1 password" nothing happens.

• svanroo1
    svanroo1
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

As you requested from another user, I have sent a diagnostic report. Thanks for the help.
    ref: CXK-31181-797

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @svanroo1,

I'm glad to see that Peri was able to help your resolve your issue over email.

This discussion has been closed.