I deleted all 1pw info and have 1pw 5 on my computer but the mini is still not responding

Options
Dorothy51
Dorothy51
Community Member

I cannot get 1pw mini to respond. I get a message staitng that it is the wrong version. I already put other versions of 1pw in the trash, but I have not emptied the trash. I also have my external drive connected as directed to do so.

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: kb:remove-multiple-apps

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I also have my external drive connected as directed to do so.

Do you mean you have disconnected your external drive? If you have a version of 1P on that drive you need to have it disconnected when you start 1P on your Mac so that OS X does not become confused about which version to start.

I get a message staitng that it is the wrong version.

It will help us to help you better if you tell us the exact wording of the error message you receive.

Stephen

• Dorothy51
    Dorothy51
    Community Member
    Options

after updating to El Capitan on Macbook 1pw Mini does not scroll when opened. I got this message when I open 1pw:

The system launched an incorrect version of 1Password mini.

Instead of '/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/LoginItems' it started '~/Downloads/1Password 5.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems'.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
    Extension Version: 4.4.3
    OS Version: 10.11
    Sync Type: icloud
    Referrer: forum-search:cannot scroll to correct login info from mini

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Dorothy51 I've discovered you've opened two separate threads about the same problem so I've merged them—from which you'll see I'd already replied to your first thread.

In answer to your second thread, which provides the information we needed, simply remove the copy of the 1Password 5 app from your downloads folder by dragging the file to the trash and that should solve your problem.

Stephen

• Dorothy51
    Dorothy51
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen after I removed both the zip file and 1pw 5 form the downloads, I then installed the extensions for Firefox and it went right back into the download folder. I still cannot scroll from the mini

• Dorothy51
    Dorothy51
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen I just read your response to my first question where you tell me that the external drive has to be disconnected when I start 1p. That is completely opposite from what the directions say to do on the agile website. So now that it has been connected while I put the old downloaded version in the trash what should I do now?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

that is completely opposite from what the directions say to do on the agile website.

Can you please post a link to the instructions to which you're referring?

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Dorothy51,

We would be quite interested if you've found incorrect instructions in our knowledgebase as we will definitely want to correct.

It seems you've made some progress but are still having issues. To help us, could you describe what issues are still outstanding and the more detail you can go into the better we will be able to visualise and hopefully help as a result.

• DorAgile
    DorAgile
    Community Member
    Options

After deleting older versions of one password I was able to install the current one properly. However the problem I am still having is this : when I open the mini to a website and for example this website has a two-stage sign-on first you need to put in the username then The next page opens up and you give the password. If my password information is at the top of the list and I need to scroll down to access my username first I cannot scroll down to the user name because the highlighted information which is the password remains highlighted and the cursor will not bring the highlighting down to the user name . This lack of scrolling only happens in the mini. If I open one password from applications I can scroll through the whole list .
    I hope this explains my problem sufficiently.
    Thank you, Dorothy Van Hoven

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DorAgile,

We might have another report like this in our system but to make sure can you help me understand just a little more please.

To help, can we use Google as an example now that they use a two-stage login process. When I want to log into Google I use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ but as I have more than one Login item that matches it simply brings up 1Password mini. I use the keyboard to move focus to the correct Login item in the list below the search field in the main 1Password mini menu and then I tap enter. I don't enter the items details page and copy the username, I let 1Password fill it. When Google's page for my password appears I do the same and it knows to fill the password field now.

It might be you have a different approach and it might be El Capitan is somehow influencing the behaviour. I just want to make sure I fully understand what you're going through so that I don't waste your time by believing it to be something else. I hope you understand - as they say, the devil is in the details and this is never more true then when you're trying to isolate a software bug.

• Dorothy51
    Dorothy51
    Community Member
    Options

To be sure I understand what you described, I will add one more detail. When I open the mini from the menu bar, if there is more than one logon , I cannot scroll to any other logon because the first logon is highlighted and the cursor will not move down to the next logon.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Dorothy51,

I think I'm definitely grasping the situation better now, so you see something like this

and the up and down arrow keys are ineffective, leaving you stranded. I assume (possibly incorrectly) that if you use a mouse can you select the correct item. Is it that the issue is specific to the use of the keyboard or being able to choose another option at all no matter the interface? I'm a big keyboard user myself so I'm not asking to suggest the mouse working would be sufficient, just to make sure we pass on as accurate details as we can to the developers :smile:

• Dorothy51
    Dorothy51
    Community Member
    Options

It does not work whether I use the mouse or the track pad, but it does work if I use the up/down arrows on the keyboard.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dorothy51,

So, you cannot use your mouse or trackpad to choose any of the options in 1Password mini? But you can scroll through the options and choose one using your keyboard? That's a bit baffling to me, I'm not sure why you would have trouble using a mouse or trackpad to do that, assuming those are working correctly otherwise.

By any chance, are you using a scrolling gesture (or scroll wheel) on the mouse/trackpad, instead of moving the arrow on the screen? If so, that will only work to scroll up/down in a list that is longer than the window or screen. To select a specific item in the list (or to choose between the Login items that match the website), you'll need to move the pointer on the screen (i.e. physically move the mouse, or use 1 finger on the trackpad).

I apologize if that's not the problem and I've explained something you already know. I just wanted to mention it because it's the only thing I can think of right now that might explain the problem. If not, and you cannot highlight or click on anything in the 1Password mini window when you hover over it with your mouse pointer, we'll certainly continue to work with you to figure out what's going on. Thanks for your patience! :)

• Doroth51
    Doroth51
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, This particular problem is fixed after Apple did a restore to my computer. The problem now is that 1pw now has old data on my computer & phone. The correct information is on my Ipad and I need to know how to get the correct info onto my computer & phone. I sync over wifi but have to synced my Ipad in several days.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see from ElCapitain retrieved old informaiton on Macbook & iphone that you've managed to resolve things but if not we'll continue the conversation over there. As I think this particular query has been resolved by way of a restore or fresh start I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post.

This discussion has been closed.