How do I access Passworde History ?

Options

Hi there,
I am using Ver 5.3 on my Mac (Yosemite) and 6.01 on my iPad (ios9.02).

I just had trhe case that I wanted to get access to the previous Password of a site because something went wrong during a website PWD change. But I could not find the Password History in the 1Passowrd entry.
Where is that function hidden in the new versions? I remember it has been there in previous versions.
Restoring from a backup isn´t really the solution...

Greetings from Germany
Bernie

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you look towards the bottom of the relevant login in the main app you should see a button labelled show previously used passwords. If you click that it should show the password(s) you wish to see.

Stephen

• Bernhard at Lake Constance
    Options

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the quick reply.
    That button has been missing in the relevant login.
    However, it is visible in other logins. So I played around a bit and found that I have to enable "Tags" in the left part of the window (has nothing to do with the problem...). After that has been enabled, I could see the Button in the login where it has been missing before. The Button even remained after I reverted Tags again (do not show).
    A bit strange, but solved my problem. Thanks.
    You got a great product plus great support.

Greetings
    Bernie

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Bernhard at Lake Constance,

That's a new one. Now the show previously used passwords button is only visible if you have changed a password on a Login item but I haven't heard of it missing and appearing after interacting with another part of 1Password.

Please do let us know if you see this again. I'm suspecting this could be a very intermittent one meaning it will likely be tricky to pin down though.

• Bernhard at Lake Constance
    Options

Hi,
    I went thru my first 50 stored logins and could not find any discrepancy - when it still was the first password it didn´t show previous passwords, correct, there are´nt any. If there was a history it showed the relevant button.
    I recommend you close the case.

If I ever find out how to reproduce the error I will get in contact with you again.
    Greetings
    Bernie

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming that, Bernie - we appreciate it! Hopefully you won't run into that odd problem again, but if you do, please let us know and we'll see if we can figure out what's going wrong. Otherwise, I hope you continue to enjoy 1Password! :)

This discussion has been closed.