Unwanted US keyboard layout on Chrome extension [Resolved on its own, possible Windows glitch]

norb3rto
norb3rto
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

How to change the keyboard layout of 1Password Chrome extension on Windows ?

I am using a french keyboard, therefore it is the french keyboard layout I use to unlock the 1Password app, but for an unknown reason the keyboard switches to a US layout in the 1Password browser extension.

Right now I have 2 solutions : either launch the Windows app to unlock my keychain then switch back to my browser, or learn the US layout of all the special characters I am using in my password.
I both cases, as a (very long time and everyday) user of 1Password on Mac, Android, and Windows, and I am using it to make my life easier, not the opposite.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: W7 SP1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @norb3rto,

There's nothing for you to do because 1Password is only reporting the current Windows' keyboard layout, it doesn't change anything for you.

When you open the main 1Password program, did it also change to the US keyboard layout?

I also tried this on my system here:

It remains with the same layout in both areas for me.

Has this always been an issue or is this a recent problem?

• norb3rto
    norb3rto
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Thank you for replying. To answer your questions :

• it was a new problem on a new computer, I never faced this issue before
    • the main and current keyboard layout is french, when I launch 1Password program (or any other program) the keyboard layout is french.

The problem only appeared with the 1Password Chrome Extension.

BUT for an unknown reason (I didn't change any settings on 1Password or Windows Preference, maybe after restarting my system) the problem disappeared and I now have a french keyboard layout even within 1Password Chrome Extension.

Thanks anyway,
    Norberto

• Hi @norb3rto,

Thanks for the extra details, we really appreciate it. It sounds like Windows got mixed up there for a bit that was resolved on its own.

This discussion has been closed.