The 1Pass extention doesn't show up on my Command Bar in Windows 10. How to get?

joanneO
joanneO
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I'm in Outlook email and I click on a website in an email, the extension doesn't show up in the command bar (this is on Explorer, Windows 10). How do I get it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joanneO: First, make sure you're actually using Internet Explorer and not Edge (which doesn't have extension support). Then you'll need to make sure that both 1Password add-ons are enabled. And finally you can add the 1Password button to the Command bar. I hope this helps! :)

• joanneO
    joanneO
    Community Member

Hi Brenty. I've done everything you suggested, and it still doesn't show up. This happens when I'm in Outlook.com, click on a website, and am immediately directed to it. The 1Pass symbol isn't there. I checked on my Explorer site, and it's also missing. It's fine on my Firefox. Don't know what to do. I haven't uploaded the latest version of 1Pass, will do that now and see if it helps. Any other suggestions?

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @joanneO,

Did you see two separate 1Password add-on enabled in Manage Add-ons dialog, like this?

• joanneO
    joanneO
    Community Member

Yes, and it looks just like that in both Outlook and IE. In IE, I've managed to get the button to show up, but not in Outlook. It looks as though Outllook 13 uses the standard IE (not the new one). Any other ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joanneO: Oh dear. I'm sorry for the confusion. I know I was under the impression (as you can see in my original reply) that you were having trouble using 1Password at the Outlook website in Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer has an add-on framework that 1Password can use to integrate with it, and even use outlook.com; Outlook the application cannot use Internet Explorer add-ons. Again, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

This discussion has been closed.