Moving the application on screen with the mouse is very erratic since El Capitan

Options
slwphoto
slwphoto
Community Member

When I open 1Password (1Password 5 Version 5.3.2 (532001) Agile Web Store) then attempt to click/drag it around on screen, it moves in a very erratic way and will not move where I want. It's almost as if there's a 'snap to grid' happening in the background, but the path it follows when dragging is not consistent with a grid pattern.

Further experimentation reveals that if I very quickly click and drag 4-5 times - sort of 'nudging' 1Password around the screen, the window will eventually behave normally for a short period. If I close and reopen, or leave the window idle for a few seconds, the original behavior returns.

Steve

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox and Google Drive
Referrer: forum-search:moving application on screen with mouse

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think you are probably referring to the same OS X bug mentioned by AgileBits in this post.

Stephen

• slwphoto
    slwphoto
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that - I wasn't able to locate that via search before I posted.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slwphoto,

If you're having the problem I think you're describing, this is actually something our developers are looking into - but there's also an easy workaround. If you drag the window from the area around the search field, or from the very top edge of the item details area, the window will move in an erratic/jittery motion. But If you drag it from the area above the left sidebar (around the red/yellow/green buttons), the window should move correctly.

Hopefully that helps, but let us know if you need anything else! :)

ref: OPM-3297

This discussion has been closed.