Extension is installed but doesn't work in Google CHROME.

I installed browser extension in CHROME, it was installed perfectly but whenever i'm trying to click on that icon "extension's icon on the right top most corner in Google CHROME" then it takes me to the new window & that window appears me a message saying "Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension."

please offer me some suggestion,

Windows 10.

Norton Antivirus.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Anant_joshi: Indeed. Is Norton blocking the connection between the Helper and the extension? That will prevent it from working properly. Please try the steps in this guide to narrow down the problem:

Extension troubleshooting

Also, which version of Chrome are you using? Often prerelease versions will break extensions, and also if an update is pending it can have the same effect. Let me know what you find! :)

• muddauber
    muddauber
    Community Member

Get the same problem. Running latest version of Chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 m.
    This is a second install on another computer running Windows 8.1, Tried importing
    vault from other machine and also it will not allow me to use DropBox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@muddauber: Have you installed the 1Password app yet? If not, there's nothing for the extension to connect to.

This is a second install on another computer running Windows 8.1, Tried importing

vault from other machine and also it will not allow me to use DropBox.

To be clear, 1Password doesn't differentiate between Dropbox and any other location on your computer. It's simply reading and writing to a folder. You'll need to install Dropbox and let it finish syncing though before 1Password will be able to open your vault.

And if you can tell me the exact steps you've taken so far and any errors your receiving I'll be better equipped to help. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.