Not Very convenient in china [Improve translation for 1Password, alternative to Dropbox, QQ issue]

zxszx
zxszx
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I'm new user of 1Password, but I have some questions.
1. Because I'm a Chinese, the most thing I want is support Chinese language.
2. As the No.1, so that we cannot use dropbox(because the GFW), is there any possible that we can use other cloud store, we have many production like dropbox in china.
3. I want 1Password help me generate password for each account of mine. So I need modify password first, every time i login, 1Password ask me want save this accout? I select 'not now', and i modify password by password generator, and then, log out. and use 'last generate password' to login, and 1Password will not ask me "want save this accout?". i have to copy password from 1Password main program and paste in, then i click sign in, 1Password will work as expected. is there something i wrong?
4. There have a application name "QQ" in china, I change my password by 1Password, but this program cannot paste or auto type in. it is very difficult for me to using.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @zxszx,

Because I'm a Chinese, the most thing I want is support Chinese language.

We want to add the Chinese translations to 1Password, we already opened up our translation project to include Chinese. However, the issue is that 1Password is not yet ready to support Unicode languages, it's a non-Unicode program. We need to fix this first and once we do, Chinese should be added to it easily.

As the No.1, so that we cannot use dropbox(because the GFW), is there any possible that we can use other cloud store, we have many production like dropbox in china.

If you're not using mobile devices, this should be possible right now. 1Password can run from any folder on your local drive, so if you have a different cloud provider that uses its own sync folder, you can move your 1Password data folder to this folder and 1Password will keep running while your cloud provider sync the data between computers. If you have a mobile device, you can use the Wi-Fi sync instead to push the data from the PC to your device.

Note: please back up your 1Password data first before trying this. There are some sync solutions that do not handle files properly, so keep an eye out for a few weeks to make sure it is pushing data correctly between computers.

I want 1Password help me generate password for each account of mine. So I need modify password first, every time i login, 1Password ask me want save this accout? I select 'not now', and i modify password by password generator, and then, log out. and use 'last generate password' to login, and 1Password will not ask me "want save this accout?". i have to copy password from 1Password main program and paste in, then i click sign in, 1Password will work as expected. is there something i wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, this was a bug we've fixed already in the latest beta. We're working on releasing it as a stable update very soon.

If you'd like to test this fix; open the main 1Password program, unlock, click on the Preferences button to go to the Updates section. Check the box next to Include Beta versions and press OK. Go to the Help Menu > Check for New Updates... and after installing the beta, try again with generating the new password and 1Password should prompt to save your data now.

There have a application name "QQ" in china, I change my password by 1Password, but this program cannot paste or auto type in. it is very difficult for me to using.

Did you try focusing the password field in QQ and then switch to the 1Password program to click on the Auto-type button next to your QQ's password field, not the big Auto-type button on the toolbar?

• zxszx
    zxszx
    Community Member

Hi, @MikeT,
    Thank for your response.
    About last one, I had try as you said. I think it is because some software have add secure module to avoid third party program catch something. it has disable clipboard already. May it cannot resolve so far unless 1Password expand your influence in China. :) any way, thanks a lot

• Hi @zxszx,

I think it is because some software have add secure module to avoid third party program catch something. it has disable clipboard already.

Ah, that explains it. At the moment, we don't have a way around that. 1Password just uses the standard typing or clipboard to automatically type for you but programs can block that as you saw.

1Password expand your influence in China.

We're working on it. :smile:

any way, thanks a lot

You're welcome, thanks for being an awesome 1Password customer and let us know if there's anything else we can do to improve 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.