Why doesn't 1PasswordAnywhere accept my master password?

adriangp
adriangp
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm running on Mac, iOS, and Windows using Dropbox sync. All working and syncing perfectly.

However, if I log into Dropbox in Chrome (Version 45.0.2454.101) and launch 1PasswordAnywhere index.html it will not accept my master password.

I am definitely typing the password correctly, caps lock is off. Password works fine on the same machine through the windows app (1Password for Windows 7, 4.6.0.586). If I repair my keychain I see the keychaing updating in dropbox (proving I am opening the correct 1PasswordAnywhere keychain on dropbox).

So I am stumped as to why this is failing.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or can do to fix this? Or is this a bug?

Thanks for your help
Adrian

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version:4.4.3.90 (Chrome)
_OS Version:
Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1Password on iOS, Mac and Windows, syncing through Dropbox. All working well and syncing together.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @adriangp,

Do you use any symbols or international characters in your master password? If yes, the way Javascript interpret these characters in the web browser can be different from the native programs and it won't work. You'll have to change the master password to be ASCII compatible and then 1PasswordAnywhere will accept it.

• adriangp
    adriangp
    Community Member

That will be why! Thank you very much for a quick reply on this.

• You're welcome! We will find a better solution for this, so you could use an expanded character map for 1PasswordAnywhere or its successor.

This discussion has been closed.