Getting rid of computer - how to deauthorize it so I can use license on the new one?

I've been issued a new laptop for work, and am trying to get everything set up on the new one. My 1Password desktop version says it's good for up to 5 computers. When I tried installing on the new laptop, I got an error saying it wasn't a valid key but i could get a discount.

I think that this computer would indeed be the 6th - we had it installed on the home desktop, son's laptop, husband's laptop, husband's old laptop (no longer available), my old laptop.

Is there a way to deauthorize my old laptop? My husband's old laptop is not available. but freeing up the license on my old laptop should get things sorted out.

What can we do about the computer(s) which have already been turned in to the company? Is there a way to 'reset all'?

1Password Version: 4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Getting rid of computer - how to deauthorize it so I can use license on the new one?

Comments

• Hi @MZ123,

There is no need to deauthorize the computer, we're not keeping track of your computers nor installs. Your license is good for 5 human users, meaning you can share your license with up to 5 family members. Each one of you can install 1Password on any number of computers you own as long as you're the 1Password users there.

I checked your order in our system, you purchased a license for 1Password 1.x for Windows. I am guessing you tried to add your 1Password 1.x license in the newer version, 1Password 4 for Windows if you just downloaded it off our site. This key won't work, it can only work in the older 1Password 1.x version.

You can download 1Password 1 here or you can purchase an upgrade to 1Password 4 license, which is discounted for existing customers and the same number of users will be applied, all of your family members can upgrade to 1Password 4 on any number of PCs.

If you'd like to upgrade, you can do so here: http://agilebits.com/store/upgrade. Enter your license key and it will offer you an upgrade at a discount.

• MZ123
    MZ123
    Community Member

Aha - bingo. I happened to have a version 1-something install file and that worked fine. I'd seen the newer version but hadn't really looked into any kind of upgrade.

• @MZ123, as an existing customer, you'll always be eligible for upgrade discounts :)
    Check them out on the site that Mike sent you.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.