Question [about using the 1Password extension on site with a multi-page login process]

HotGates
HotGates
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi I downloaded the trial version today and am thinking about switching from LastPass to 1Password, but my question is when I say open like my bank site lastpass will have a button in the username and password where I would click and log me in, how do you do that with 1password? for instance on my bank account with last pass I would click for my username then it will open another page to click for password, but with 1password when I go up to my browser and tap on the 1password button it will open my bank page but will not sign me in and I have to copy the password then paste, any advice? thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi, @HotGates,

Don't worry, there's an easier way because… THIS.IS.1Password.

Now, let me choose my words more carefully from here on out ;)

What you've described looks like a banking site that requires a so-called multi-page login. Usually, 1Password will fill the fields on both pages just fine but sometimes you need to create a new set of login items. Our knowledge base article 'Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages' explains how to do just that.

Side note: if you're anything like me (and a user base larger than the Persian army), you will love the Ctrl+\ shortcut for quickly filling information in a 1Password-enabled browser.

Since you're still getting to know 1Password, I would recommend you take a look at our 1Password 4 for Windows user guide. If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here.

Cheers!

• HotGates
    HotGates
    Community Member

Ok thanks for the reply, I really liked Lastpass but just found out today (I forgot the name of the company that they will be with) so I'm out and have also heard of hackers in there and that's where I make my Stand;) you are right it is a multi page login and I will read through to see how it's done and if I have any more questions will let you know;)

• Hehe, so I made the right connection reading your username :D

Please check out our guides and knowledge base and if you have more questions, our team will answer them.

Have a great weekend!

• HotGates
    HotGates
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Yes you did LOL;) hey very often I get this Error that says ( 1Password has encountered a problem) here is a screen shot but now I can't get rid of the error and have to restart my computer, is there a newer update?

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @HotGates,

That's no good. I wonder if it has to do with your date format, it might have a problem with it. I assume you mean you can't submit the error and had to reboot the computer?

Can you try please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

PS: I've removed your screenshot as it contain some of your information. Please do not show any private information in this forum, we'll ask you to send it to us via email for privacy reasons.

• HotGates
    HotGates
    Community Member

Hi Mike thanks, my computer is in English but my date format reads 12:57πμ which means am in USA, I don't know how to change that in windows 10, I will look through the guide, also I was able to send the report in like about an hour ago, thanks.

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Thanks, we'll look for that email and let you know.

I believe it's the same method as Windows 7 using the Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region (Category View) > Change date, time, or number formats > Formats > Additional Settings (on bottom).

• HotGates
    HotGates
    Community Member

Ok changed the date format but I keep needing to restart my computer, I cannot buy because of that and will buy if there is a fix, thank you;)

• Hi @HotGates,

Did anyone reply to your email yet? I still cannot find the email. Can you give me the ticket ID from the BitBot's reply, so I can find it.

• HotGates
    HotGates
    Community Member

No when the error came up I just clicked on send report thanks.

• HotGates
    HotGates
    Community Member

Also forgot to mention when the error comes up it will not let me click on help send diagnostic report.

• Hi @HotGates,

That means it was never submitted and that's why we don't have it. It does not automatically sends the report to us, it compresses the report into a zip file and attach it to a new email in your email client if you have it installed. You would have to tell the email client to email it to us.

For now, please try generating the report manually with this guide.

• HotGates
    HotGates
    Community Member

Ok Mike just sent the diagnostic report let me know thanks;)

• We got the report and we'll get back to you via emails as soon as we finish analyzing it.

Thanks!

ref: XJG-42121-234

• HotGates
    HotGates
    Community Member

Great thanks;)

• No problem.

This discussion has been closed.