How do I get my iPhone 6 1Password Files to my Windows 1Password 4 Version?

ManWhoLogsIn
ManWhoLogsIn
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there! Does anyone know:
How do I get my iPhone 6 - 1Password Files into my new Windows 1Password 4 Version?

(And is there any support Email-adress from Agile here? ...)

1Password Version: 4
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: 5
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @ManWhoLogsIn,

You can do that by syncing your data to your computer via Wi-Fi sync or via Dropbox.

If you want to use Wi-Fi sync, open the main 1Password app, create a new vault and use the master password as the one you're using on the iPhone. Once you do that, unlock the vault and perform the sync described in this guide.

If you want to use Dropbox, this guide will help. Make sure you install Dropbox from Dropbox.com onto your computer, not the Dropbox client from the Windows Store.

As for email, yes, you can email us at support+windows@agilebits.com if you want. The forum will be much quicker to respond and we can direct you to the right team with email address if we need to.

• ManWhoLogsIn
    ManWhoLogsIn
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

OK! Thanks!
    And how do I use the Virtual-Keyboard for the master password?
    It doesn't apear as an option so far ...

I use Windows 10 Pro

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @ManWhoLogsIn,

There is no virtual keyboard, we've switched to secure desktop instead, which is more secure to use as it block outside processes from listening in. Click on the Unlock on Secure Desktop button on top right to secure the desktop and you can type with your keyboard.

• ManWhoLogsIn
    ManWhoLogsIn
    Community Member

Cool! Thanks!

• You're welcome!

• ManWhoLogsIn
    ManWhoLogsIn
    Community Member

And how does this function work on the Mac 1Password 5 Version?

• Are you referring to the secure desktop feature?
    This doesn't exist on the Mac. OS X uses secure input fields, though, and you can easily enable access to the virtual keyboard.
    I hope this helps.

• ManWhoLogsIn
    ManWhoLogsIn
    Community Member

Is the ''secure input fields" secure?
    The virtual keyboard option on OS X is pretty complicated ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The virtual keyboard option on OS X is pretty complicated ...

@ManWhoLogsIn: Indeed. And virtual keyboards are kind of a pain to use anyway...

Is the ''secure input fields" secure?

Yep! That's the whole point. In fact, it's so secure, that even apps you might want to monitor your keyboard input (such as TextExpander) won't work the way you want them to so long as a Secure Input field has focus. ;)

This discussion has been closed.