I have a 1Password license on my PCs and IOS devices synchronized through dropbox. Moving to iMac?

Options
lajchrist
lajchrist
Community Member

What should I do to use 1Password on my Mac. Apparently I bought 1Password Mac licence on 03/08/2015 (ch_6jCWmv2eSemsVk), an upgrade from a previous buy on 22/04/2012 (order n° 10260188) but it is not installed on my Mac. I am somewhat lost on what to do to simultaneously use 1Password on my IOS devices, PCs and Mac. This is probably trivial but I am not an expert. Yours truly.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I am moving from PC to Mac.

Comments

• Hey @lajchrist! First you'll need to download the Mac app from our website and install it. Once you've done that, you can add the license to that copy of 1Password by clicking the link in the email you received from us with your license information. If you didn't receive it, let us know and we can resend it — I'm not going to yet because the email address is different from the one you used to sign up here on the forums.

Next, getting your 1Password data on your iMac is a quick few clicks during the setup process. Before you begin, just make sure you have Dropbox installed and synced on your Mac. Once you install the app and launch it, select I've used 1Password before. On the next step, select Dropbox from the list and the app should find your vault and set it up for you. The Master Password will be the same as the one you're currently using on your other devices. If you have some questions about the setup process, feel free to read our guide or post back here and we'll help you out. :)

This discussion has been closed.