Win7 64-Bit IE 11 - not compatiable with Enhanced Protected Mode

Running the 64-Bit version of Win 7 Pro, the latest version of IE (11.0.9600) and the latest version of 1Password (4.6.0.586). I have cleared the Enable Enhanced Protected Mode security setting and have rebooted, but still unable to start the extension from IE. It works fine from Chrome.

Any suggestions for next step?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button, kb:disable-enhanced-protected-mode

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @dwomble,

Are you opening the Internet Explorer (64-bit) on Windows 7 or the default 32-bit version? Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit include both versions but 1Password can only support the 32-bit Internet Explorer version on Windows 7.

If you're opening the 32-bit version, then Enhanced Protected Mode setting shouldn't matter as it wouldn't be enabled for 32-bit. This would suggest a third party interference. Can you tell me what anti-malware solutions you might have installed?

• dwomble
    dwomble
    Community Member

I am opening from C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer - I am not sure if this is the 32 or 64 bit version. Is there a way to determine?

I have LanDesk 10.2.1.23 installed for AV.

• Hi @dwomble,

My apologies, Microsoft has changed it later for Internet Explorer; so as long as Enhanced Protected Mode is unchecked, you can run the 32-bit tabs with plugins on Windows 7.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostic report and we'll take a look at what's causing this issue. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.