Win / iPhone / iPad

seedy
seedy
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi all, new user here and very happy so-far, thank you.
(I am using 1Password on my Win 8.1 laptop primarily but feel free to move this elsewhere if it's felt appropriate).

I have purchased the Windows version for my laptop and the Pro iOS version for my iPhone but would like to sync my vault with my wife's iPad which has a different Apple ID as it was initially set up for her. Ideally I'd like to use my iPhone Pro version purchase on my iPad if possible but I'm guessing this isn't possible?

Many thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.0.1 (iPad)
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 9.0.2
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Hi @seedy,

You can restore the purchase with your AppleID account on your wife's iPad. You can sign her account out, sign in with yours, restore the purchase in 1Password, and then sign back out and let your wife sign back in.

You can do that in the Settings app on the iPad, go to the iTunes & App Store section to tap on the AppleID to sign out.

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member

That didn't work unfortunately. It just kept saying I need to be signed in using the ID that had made the purchase, when I was. I wonder if the price difference between the iPhone and iPad versions makes a difference?
    Thanks for the suggestion though :)

• Hi @seedy,

Was the 1Password app on the iPad installed already with your wife's AppleID account? If yes, try removing it and installing it again with your AppleID. The apps are signed with the AppleID when installed, so the existing 1Password app is linked to your wife's ID, not yours.

However, you might want to back up the data first if your wife has been using 1Password already and is not syncing it with her computers or didn't back up yet. This guide will explain how to back up: https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member

So far so good.
    Many thanks for your help MikeT

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! Be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance! :)

This discussion has been closed.