how to merge mac vault with pc vault

I have a mac 1password and iOS 1password synced to dropbox. I downloaded a trial version of Windows 1password to laptop. How do I load my existing vault into the PC version so it syncs with all the other platforms? Also, how do I create a share vault to use with select members?Does the share vault reference the main vault or is it a duplicate item that is copied into the shared vault? When a password is updated or changed, does the shared vault also update the change or only the original main vault does? Thank you for your time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:move-vault

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @bunnywoman88,

How do I load my existing vault into the PC version so it syncs with all the other platforms?

First, install the Dropbox client from Dropbox.com onto your PC and wait for it to finish its sync. Once you do that, all you have to do is install 1Password and open it, it should automatically detect your data in the Dropbox folder.

If not, click on the second option to let 1Password know you've used 1Password before and point it to your 1Password folder in the Dropbox folder, it should be named 1Password.agilekeychain.

Also, how do I create a share vault to use with select members?

We've written a guide to explain the process here: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-share-vault/?win

Basically, you move your secondary vault to a specific folder you want in your Dropbox directory and share that folder with the folks you want. The guide will explain how you can invite people to the shared folder.

Does the share vault reference the main vault or is it a duplicate item that is copied into the shared vault?

Each vault is isolated and does not have any references to other vaults. You are duplicating the item into the shared vault.

When a password is updated or changed, does the shared vault also update the change or only the original main vault does?

Changes are made to the vault it was saved to and does not update other vaults. You would have to copy it again to the other vault.

You might also find this guide useful, it's about what happens if you need to revoke the access to your shared vaults: https://support.1password.com/revoke-shared-vault-access/

• bunnywoman88
    bunnywoman88
    Community Member

It works! My mistake was downloading dropbox after 1-pwd so I no longer had the 3 startup options to choose from. But instead started a brand new vault instead of syncing an existing vault. Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm sorry for the confusion, but I'm glad that all is well. And we're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.