Can't sync attachments from Windows 1Password via Wi-Fi Sync to iOS 1Password w/Pro Features

Hi, I wish I could just email support privately on this, but don't see that option so I am posting this in a public forum...

I purchased the Pro features of 1Password on iOS yesterday to sync attachments via Wi-Fi between my Windows PC version of 1Password and the iOS version. I am using the Agile keychain format. I have since learned this feature does not work with the Windows PC version of 1Password when I am using the Agile keychain format, per this link on your website:

https://support.1password.com/wifi-troubleshooting/

The same is stated in this link, posted on May 13th of this year, more than 5 months ago. So this is not a new problem, yet I am sure many users do not know about this.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/40943/wi-fi-sync-on-windows-attachments-will-not-be-synced-only-supported-for-opvault-format

Why isn't Wi-Fi attachment sync on Windows to iOS supported with the Agile keychain format? This is disappointing news. I have enjoyed using 1Password for several months and this is the first time I have been surprised by an option which should work only to discover for some odd reason it is unsupported. I spent about 40 minutes trying to figure this out before I stumbled onto the above links. I wish this had been more clearly communicated within the product so I didn't waste my time thinking this was an issue on my side.

Since I cannot use this feature I would like to request a refund of the Pro Features purchase, as I cannot use this feature, and it was the only reason I purchased it. Could you please issue me a refund for the Pro Feature purchase? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @bwood,

Wi-Fi sync does support attachments but as you found out the hard way, it is only with the newer and more secure OPVault format. However, if you don't want to convert to OPVault format, you can contact Apple's iTunes support team to get a refund as you bought it from Apple's App Store. Here's how to contact them: https://apple.com/support/itunes/contact/. If there is a problem with Apple, let us know at support+windows@agilebits.com and we'll see what else we can do for you.

OPvault is the format that we're moving toward for all 1Password apps to have by default and eventually the only format, which mean everyone will eventually be on OPVault in the near future. When we worked on the new Wi-Fi sync, many of the advanced features were added with OPVault in mind. We tried but it was not feasible to backport it to the older AgileKeychain format, so we're mandating the OPVault for the attachments. However, you're absolutely correct we should've had this information in the support guides, I'll file a request for our docs team to fix that.

ref: DOCS-553

• bwood
    bwood
    Community Member

Thanks, Mike. Just in case I would like to migrate my 1Password vault from Agile keychain to the OPVault format in the future, could you please outline the process?

• Hi @bwood,

We might have a different process in the future but this is the current method:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Export. Select the following: 1Password Interchange File and All Items.
    2. Save the export file in a local folder, do not put it in any cloud or network share folders.
    3. Back in 1Password, go to the File Menu > New 1Password Vault, change the Save File As to 1Password Vault (*.opvault):
    4. Use the same master password if you want or choose a stronger passphrase if you want to change it.
    5. Unlock the new vault and go to the File Menu > Import and select the export file you saved in step 2.
    6. Press "Yes to all" to import everything and say no to overwriting files for duplicate items if you see it.
    7. If everything looks good, you can now securely delete the export file.
  • bwood
    bwood
    Community Member

Thanks very much, Mike. You have addressed all my questions. Appreciate your help.

• You're welcome, @bwood!

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion has been closed.