export data saved in Dropbox for Windows

I'd like to export data from my vaults in a .csv file but when I go to do it, I'm not getting the OK button to export data saved in Dropbox for Windows.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Chrome/Windows 7
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:I'm not getting the OK button to export data saved in Dropbox for Windows

Comments

• Hi @cnsbilly1,

First, you should not export your data to put it in the Dropbox folder, that is a very dangerous risk of putting your sensitive information in clear view inside a cloud folder. That means anyone who has access to your Dropbox folder can see everything in there.

Can you clarify on what you're trying to do, do you want to export your data from 1Password into the CSV file to stop using 1Password completely or are you trying to import your data from a CSV file into 1Password for Windows and then sync it via Dropbox?

• cnsbilly1
    cnsbilly1
    Community Member

Hi Mike T, Maybe I explained what I want to do incorrectly. I synched fine across Windows and IOS. I just want to export csv format to print a copy from an Excel spreadsheet to store away safely off my computer in a safe. I created a folder and want to print out the content from the folder. It seems I'm only able to export to CSV file a those accounts, etc. that are "logins"? What about notes and items in Folders? See the attached screenshot for what I'm describing.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015

@cnsbilly1,

1Password for Windows does not have print capabilities, and it can only export Logins to CSV.

I've created a suite of converters for 1Password, one of which will allow you to do what you want. You'll export your selected items to a 1Password 1PIF file, convert that file to HTML, and use your browser to print the data to PDF.

See the instructions in the first post, and in the README.pdf file in the package. You'll want the onepif2html converter.

Here's a sample. The output format can be customized if you need changes.

• cnsbilly1
    cnsbilly1
    Community Member

This is all confusing. Can you provide simple steps for converting for Windows. I exported the PIF file from Password1. Now what do I do? I don't understand how to use the converter or the need for strawberries.

thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015

@cnsbilly1,

I wish I had a trivial process for you, to ease the steps required to setup the environment. I do understand that on Windows the process is more challenging than it is on a Mac.

Follow the steps in the README.pdf file. Every step is detailed, and it will walk you through the process.

I'm happy to help you if you get stuck, or feel like you want some remote help.

• cnsbilly1
    cnsbilly1
    Community Member

Are there any videos that walk through this process?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:import

• cnsbilly1
    cnsbilly1
    Community Member

I need some additional help. Is a video available? I'm kinda stuck at the point entering the commands in the cmd.exe cpan

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015

@cnsbilly1

Would you like some remote help? If so, send me an email. My email is at the top of the script. I'll explain from there.

• cnsbilly1
    cnsbilly1
    Community Member

Where is your email - sorry can't find the script. Here is what I'm seeing on my screen.

• cnsbilly1
    cnsbilly1
    Community Member
  • MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015

@cnsbilly1

The script file is convert_to_1p4.pl . It is just a txt file. Look at the copyright line for my email.

You can do the cpan install the way you are doing it. Just add the word install in front of the module names.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

In progress now...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2015

This issue is now resolved through some remote assistance. It was a continuation of our discussion here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that it all worked out. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.