Crashing every 8-20 minutes running on windows 10

I installed your software on windows 10 2 weeks ago and I am constantly getting a crash with the following data reported. "Access violation at address 00423B19 in Module 1password.exe read of address 000001E4" This reoccurs about every 8-20 minutes when 1Password is running. When the crash occurs the automatic send the crash results locks up all of the time.

I am replacing SplashID because it to has become very unreliable. I have spent well over 15 hours converting most of my splashID data to 1password and really don't want to go back as I like your product despite the fact that it will not work reliably!

I also signed up for your forum to report a bug but have not gotten a confirmation email so my ability to file bug reports seems restricted???

Comments

• Hi @wgale2760,

Sorry for the troubles. Are you using a Microsoft Surface by any chance or a different Windows 10-based tablet?
    We're investigating a bug that's really hard to pin down. Can you please also tell us which version of 1Password you're using exactly?

Thanks!

• wgale2760
    wgale2760
    Community Member

I am using a surface and the build number was attached to the bug report. The build is your most recent build.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wgale2760: I guess I'm not sure what you mean by 'bug report'. I don't see any emails from this address, so I simply don't have any of that information. Did you perhaps use another address when you sent it?

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• wgale2760
    wgale2760
    Community Member

Diagnostic report sent in this am at 8:43 AM

• Hi @wgale2760,

I can't find the email with your email address in your forum profile. Can you give me the ticket ID that BitBot has supplied you with?

• wgale2760
    wgale2760
    Community Member

How do I edit my forum profile? Where would I find the ticket ID? Did you get the Diagnostic report sent yesterday?

• wgale2760
    wgale2760
    Community Member

I was never able to confirm my email address . Every time I click the little notice that shows up on the bottom of the forum page to confirm my email I never get a returned email from the forum system to confirm my email address. Can some one help me out to fix this so you can get the information I have sent over the past week trying to address this problem?

• Hi @wgale2760,

I'll send you a private message about your account and email settings.

As for the Diagnostic Report, we have an auto-responder that automatically sends a reply to all incoming emails with a ticket ID. If you sent the diagnostic report and you did not get a response right away, that means we never got it. I'll check for your email once I get your email address in the private message.

• wgale2760
    wgale2760
    Community Member

The problem is still persisting with the AgileBits email system. Its asking me the following: "You need to confirm your email address. Click here to resend the confirmation email". I click on the here and nothing happens? No email, nothing?

Can you please send me a real email address to send correspondence to AgileBits so that we can get bigger problem worked on which is: "1Password crashes randomly while running on Windows 10 ..." .

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @wgale2760,

Did you check the spam folder? It is possible all of our emails are going to your spam folders.

We did give you the email address to email us, it was shown in the diagnostic report guide. You can email us at support+windows@agilebits.com.

I check your email address, we have not received any emails. Can you try emailing us from a different email address if you have one.

Also, since you confirmed the address with me in the private message, I've confirmed it in your forum profile, so you should not get the message anymore.

• wgale2760
    wgale2760
    Community Member

Ok I did find the confirmation email and things seem fine now. Do you have the diagnostic report?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wgale2760: If you sent the diagnostics, either the message is still in your outbox or you sent from a different email address, because we don't have any messages from this one. Did you find the autoresponder from BitBot with your Support ID? If you can provide that we'll be able to find your message, so be sure to check. Thanks in advance! :)

• Hi @wgale2760,

Can you try the latest beta, we think we may have found the cause and fixed it.

Here's how to update to the latest beta:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to File Menu > Preferences > Updates.
    2. Check the box next to Include beta versions and press OK
    3. Go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version...

After installing the latest beta, restart the computer, and see if 1Password is more stable.

• wgale2760
    wgale2760
    Community Member

Mike I down loaded the beta and will run it for the next three weeks. If this fixes the problem when will the code be included in a maint. release? Also I have noticed that over the last few weeks the 1passsword only crashes after I start editing some records or adding some new records.

• Hi @wgale2760,

We've gotten several confirmations that this beta has fixed the issues on the Surface Pros and because of that along with our testing, we plan to ship the fix fairly soon, maybe within a week. We'll keep testing to make sure there are no further regressions.

The cause that we've found is related to editing or creating new items, it only crashes during these two times. If you're just browsing through without editing, it doesn't crash.

By the way, your email from 9 days ago just arrived an hour ago, so I've closed it for now as you are going to test the beta for now.

ref: TCQ-26451-238

• wgale2760
    wgale2760
    Community Member

Thanks for the update. I do agree that the problem only occurs during editing. Will look for the new build in a week or so.

Thanks!

Bill

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wgale2760: 1Password for Windows 4.6.0.592 is now available in the stable channel. Be sure to update (Help > Check for New Version) and let us know if you run into any further issues. Thanks again for your patience and willingness to work with us on this! :)

This discussion has been closed.