Can't use or back out of secure desktop unlock screen

I noticed that an update was waiting so I downloaded and installed it. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installation and was using secure desktop to unlock 1Password up to now. After the install, whenever I try to unlock 1password (from the tray) I get the secure desktop password prompt, and then enter my password. At this point it goes to a windows screen showing my desktop background but nothing else. This is also the behavior if I try to Cancel or ESC out of the secure desktop login. If I log off of Windows and relogin, I can get my desktop back, but then I'm back to square one, and it acts the same way if I try to unlock 1Password. Is there, perhaps, a command-line switch I can use to disable Secure Desktop usage (at least temporarily)? Why is it acting this way?

1Password Version: latest as of 10/12/15
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• That's a good question, @biandewei3.

We're really sorry you're being plagued by this.
    There's no easy command line switch for this, but you can disable the option in the registry, if you're comfortable with this.

Here's how:
    1. Make sure 1Password is not running.
    2. Type WINDOWSKEY+R.
    3. In the prompt that opens, type regedit and hit the enter key.
    4. Confirm that you wish to run Regedit.
    5. Navigate to the following folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Agile Web Solutions > 1Password
    6. In this folder you should find a 'REG_DWORD' key named SecureDesktop.
    7. Double-click this key and change the value from 1 to 0.
    8. Close Regedit.
    9. Reboot your PC.

Once rebooted, try to open 1Password. Does it work now?

This discussion has been closed.