How to use license file on Windows for automatic licensing/registration

choy
choy
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi AgileBits Support,
I've been running into an issue with 1Password where it used to automatically license itself in version 3 with the license file, but in version 4 it no longer works.

Currently we install the license key under "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Agile Web Solutions" so when user firsts signs in, this file will be copied to their profile and therefore, when they launch 1Password 3, the software would automatically licensed. However, in version 4, this no longer works.

Did something change in version 3 to version 4 in the way it handles licenses?

Any input would be greatly appreciated because now our endpoints aren't automatically being licensed, which is an issue.

Thank you

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 ENT x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• choy
    choy
    Community Member

Follow Up:
    1Password 4 doesn't automatically register, but it does store the key within the Help --> Enter License Key. So in the Enter License Key line, the key is auto-populated, but not registered.

Is there a way to make the client auto-register without having to have each user manually enter the license key?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

@choy: 1Password for Windows version 4 can auto-register itself as well. I think I see the problem:

Currently we install the license key under "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Agile Web Solutions"

We are AgileBits. :)

I just tested this myself using both of the following locations, and either should work for you:

• %APPDATA%\AgileBits\OPW4.license
    • %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\AgileBits\OPW4.license

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :chuffed:

• choy
    choy
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty!

That worked perfectly. I'll make our code change that should fix this problem :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm glad that helped. You're most welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.