Windows Purchase

I purchased the Windows version would the Mac/Win version have added any additional features benefits other then having for a Mac (I don't own a Mac). Do you have any competitive upgrade options for someone migrating for a paid version from a different password manager?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• TheDetective
    TheDetective
    Community Member

I'm not an employee here, but I am reasonably sure that the Mac/Windows bundle does not add any additional features to the Windows version, it just gives you a licence for both Windows and Mac at a reduced price.

• TheThor
    TheThor
    Community Member

Okay, seen someone post something about Mac/Win having more licensed users that can install it. Maybe it meant the family version. That's why i was asking. I wasn't sure if it was worth spending a bit more if it gave me additional features. But thanks.

• TheThor
    TheThor
    Community Member

Its part 2 of this i read. It says Win/Mac gives you 5 family member. Does windows alone also?

"Quote from abrenty View Post :
    Anything from Google Play or the iOS and Mac App Stores are separate purchases, since these are owned and operated by Google and Apple respectively.
    2. The bundle is 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows. If you purchase it, it will entitle you and up to 5 other family members to use 1Password on all of your Macs and PCs. Android and iOS are completely separate, as the purchase is tied to your Google Account and Apple ID respectively; there is no license. But since it's tied to your store account, if you're using the same one on multiple devices, the in-app purchase will be unlocked for each as well.

Sharing a 1Password for Mac or Windows license with a family member does ~not~ share your data (although that is optional with Dropbox Sync [1password.com]). You only need to share a Master Password if you share a vault, as the Master Password is used to decrypt it.

I hope that helps clear things up! And no worries, it can be a bit confusing with different stores involved depending on the platform. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

@TheThor: Yep! That's me! ;)

The bundle is 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows. If you purchase it, it will entitle you and up to 5 other family members to use 1Password on all of your Macs and PCs.

I think this is the part you're referring to. Sorry for any confusion. The sole benefit of the Mac + Windows bundle is that it saves you money over purchasing the two licenses separately. The licensing terms are the same:

1. Buy a 1Password for Mac license: you and up to 5 family members living in the same household are entitled to use 1Password on all of your Macs.
    2. Buy a 1Password for Windows license: you and up to 5 family members living in the same household are entitled to use 1Password on all of your PCs.
    3. Buy a 1Password for Mac + Windows bundle license: you and up to 5 family members living in the same household are entitled to use 1Password on all of your Macs and PCs.

1 + 2 = 3. You could choose options 1 and 2, but simply choosing option 3 gets you the same result for less money. I hope this helps! :pirate:

• TheThor
    TheThor
    Community Member

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! And we're here if you have any other questions. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.