Wifi sync no longer working (Win10 + iOS 9)

1Password for Windows 4.6.0.586, running on Windows 10 Pro
1Password for iOS 6.0.1 running on iOS 9.0.2

In Windows, I have the Wifi sync dialog open;
On iPhone, I tried to remove wifi sync and re-setup the sync.

After selecting "Sync using Wi-Fi", iPhone can successfully find my PC's name, IP address and port. After entering the secret number, I clicked "Sync Now", and iPhone shows "Sync started", but it stays there forever.

On Windows, nothing happens and "View Log" shows an empty log.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Wifi
Referrer: forum-search:wifi sync

Comments

• westaf2000
    westaf2000
    Community Member

Hmm, figured it out.

Just needed to turn on "Find devices and content" on the PC. It was turned on before, must be the Win10 upgrade or a network driver update that turned it off. Now wifi sync works perfectly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm sorry we couldn't get to you sooner, but I'm glad to hear that you sorted it out. Indeed, I also encountered some cases of the Windows 10 upgrade changing some settings on me, so it's definitely something to keep an eye out for. Cheers! :)

• ivanovic
    ivanovic
    Community Member

Please would you advise of where I may find the function to turn on "Find devices and content" ?
    I too have been operating 1Password on Windows 10 Pro for a few months now, and only since the most recent Windows update has 1Password WiFi Sync stopped working. Both my iPhone 6 and iPad can no longer see my PC despite being on the same network and other apps working happily between these devices.
    I turned off 1Password Sync and restarted it in my attempts to fix this and on the iPad it was able (after several "Refresh" attempts) to see my PC and restart the WiFi Sync. However, on my iPhone6 it does not see my PC despite many hits on the "Refresh" button.
    I have restarted 1Password on both PC and iPhone and have rebooted both devices also, but while this seemed to be what fixed it for the iPad, this has not worked for the iPhone.
    Any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Please would you advise of where I may find the function to turn on "Find devices and content" ?

@ivanovic: Yes! :chuffed:

It's under Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings.

I too have been operating 1Password on Windows 10 Pro for a few months now, and only since the most recent Windows update has 1Password WiFi Sync stopped working. Both my iPhone 6 and iPad can no longer see my PC despite being on the same network and other apps working happily between these devices.

This is really interesting, as there have been many reports of settings being changed in Windows 10 upon updating. Very confusing!

I turned off 1Password Sync and restarted it in my attempts to fix this and on the iPad it was able (after several "Refresh" attempts) to see my PC and restart the WiFi Sync. However, on my iPhone6 it does not see my PC despite many hits on the "Refresh" button.

However, this sounds like you may have been suffering from an issue introduced with the All Vaults feature in 1Password for iOS. We've since released an update to address this, so make sure you update 1Password o your iPhone and iPad!

I have restarted 1Password on both PC and iPhone and have rebooted both devices also, but while this seemed to be what fixed it for the iPad, this has not worked for the iPhone.

And I'd also like to direct you to the larger knowledgebase article, in case you or others are suffering from this or a different Wi-Fi-related issue:

Wi-Fi Troubleshooting

That will take you through pretty much everything (though please let me know if there are any omissions) in your network environment that may affect your devices' ability to communicate. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• ivanovic
    ivanovic
    Community Member

Hi, There is no "Ethernet" option under "Advanced Sharing Settings", nor is there any "Find devices and Content" option. I have looked exhaustively! :-)
    Do you mean the "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing" options instead?
    I have both of these turned on!
    I am running 1Password 4.6.0.598 on my Windows 10 Pro PC and 1Password v6.2 on my iPhone 6 with IOS 9.2.
    I still am unable to get my iPhone / 1Password App to see my PC on the same WiFi network (even with all AV & F/W turned off). :-(
    Anybody else out there seen this problem and found a solution?
    My main reason for chosing 1Password over some of the alternatives was the ability to sync all my devices securely on my home network over WiFi rather than have to use a "cloud platform".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

Hi, There is no "Ethernet" option under "Advanced Sharing Settings", nor is there any "Find devices and Content" option. I have looked exhaustively! :-)

@ivanovic: Ack! Sorry about that! Clearly this was an oversight on my part. Confusingly, the adapter name and options will vary based on your setup — whether it be ethernet, Wi-Fi, bluetooth, or something else. If you scroll down, do you see Related Settings? If so, below it, go to Change advanced sharing options. I'm not sure why you're not seeing "Find devices and Content" though. :(

Do you mean the "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing" options instead?

Yes! Step 4 is Enable “Turn on network discovery”. I'll also add a note about printer sharing, although the location and verbiage of that option varies as well. If anything else varies from my description (either here or in the documentation), please let me know so I can update it with additional variants. :chuffed:

Is your connection by any chance setup as a "public" network? If so, the note under step 5 will apply. Worst case scenario, if you're able to Forget the network, you will be offered the "network discovery" option when reconnecting. Be sure to say "Yes"!

My main reason for chosing 1Password over some of the alternatives was the ability to sync all my devices securely on my home network over WiFi rather than have to use a "cloud platform".

Unfortunately there are many different network setups, and anything that blocks the connection between the two devices will prevent them from syncing. Thanks for your patience! Don't worry, we'll get you there. :)

This discussion has been closed.