Passwords Disappeared

The 1Password 3 browser extension was showing a warning, saying that the vault had been removed or replaced (or something to that effect) and it couldn't sync properly, and that the solution was to uninstall and reinstall the extension.

Doing this deleted all passwords. There's one login URL still present, but there's no username or password associated with it.

Restoring from a backup in the Windows program (v1) doesn't appear to do anything at all. Whether selecting to replace, or start a new folder, it simply locks the program and nothing else happens. When selecting a new folder, no option to choose this folder is presented.

Further, attempts to connect the iOS app via Dropbox are failing. It works fine to select the Dropbox account and folder where the passwords are stored, but after that it simply presents a blank grey screen, with the blue title bar across the top offering a 'Cancel' button. Using a different Dropbox account shows an 'enter password' field on this screen, although that was as far as I went since it was just for troubleshooting purposes. This is on a brand new phone. The old phone still has all passwords, although I imagine they'll disappear too if anything is done to the app or the connection with Dropbox on that device.

Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @koberulz - It sounds like the main 1Password app on your Windows PC was uninstalled at some point. I'm sorry you haven't been able to get your 1Password data on your phone synced to Dropbox. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• koberulz
    koberulz
    Community Member

Support ID is [#TVE-36617-564].

I only did the diagnostic report for the Windows program. The problem iPhone is brand new, and Dropbox sync is failing on setup, so it's impossible to create a diagnostics report there because you can't get into the actual app.

• Hi @koberulz,

We got the report and will reply to it as soon as we finish analyzing it.

As for your iPhone, we meant the diagnostic report from your old iPhone that you said still have all of the data. In fact, please perform a backup of your 1Password data on the old iPhone with this guide: https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

After that, wait for our reply to your email on what to do next. Thanks!

ref: TVE-36617-564

This discussion has been closed.