PC can't link to Dropbox properly

lakegarda
lakegarda
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm setup OK on my Mac(version 50302) using DropBox on line for sync, But when I start my PC version( (version 4) and it asks for my vault it says that the downloaded file is "read-only". I downloaded the 1Password folder from my on-line drop box and it came in as a zip file into my downloads folder, I moved it to the 1Password directory under C:\programfiles and unzipped it.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
John

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mac side works fine with DropBox sync but I can't get the PC side started, I downloaded the 1Passwor

Comments

• Hi @lakegarda,

It could be that you or rather 1Password doesn't have write privileges in the 'program files' folder on your hard drive since it's a protected folder.

That being said: If you're planning on syncing via Dropbox, you need to install the Dropbox app on your PC. Once that's done, you will have access to the files in your Dropbox and you can then have 1Password open the synced vault.

Cheers!

• lakegarda
    lakegarda
    Community Member

You nailed it! I had not installed the DropBox app rather just tried to access it from the web. Once I installed the app it worked.
    Thank You,
    John

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @lakegarda,

Awesome, I'm glad Alex was able to help you and on his behalf, you're welcome.

If there's more we can do to help, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.