My password is no longer recognized by 1Password. How do I create a new passwd

I suspect that upgrade destroyed my password for 1Password. How do I create a new password that will allow me to enter my 1Password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My password is no longer recognized by 1Password. How do I create a new passwd

Comments

• __56metMarion
    __56metMarion
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Please help me create a new password that will allow me to enter my 1Password account! Please! I use Chrome Browser. Edited by MikeT to remove personal data

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

Hi @__56metMarion,

Can you reboot your computer and see if that'll let you back in? We've seen a few reports where an update without a reboot might not let you back into 1Password until the reboot is done first.

Please help me create a new password that will allow me to enter my 1Password account!

Just to clarify, 1Password is not a service, we do not have your data nor is it stored in the cloud. There are no 1Password accounts. Your 1Password data is stored only on your local drive and it is encrypted by your master password, which means that there is no way to reset your password or a backdoor to let you get back into your data if you forgot your password.

However, we have never had a case where an update would render your data file corrupted that you can't get back into it, this is mainly because your data file is stored outside of the program files and an update would not touch your data files.

PS: I've removed your account information in your post here, please do not share any of your personal information with us in this forum, we will never ask for this here.

This discussion has been closed.