Locked out of website due to 1Password repeatted login attempts

I maintain several Wordpress websites all of which use Google 2 Factor Authentication. In addition to supply a username and password supplied by a password manager I have to also supply a 6 digit rolling key from Authy app on my mobile device. When I tried to login to one of these sites today 1Password kept tried to login after I used the CTL+\ to enter the username and password. It did not given a chance to enter the 6 digit key. The result was that I was locked out of the website and had to spend time remoting into the site to unban myself.

Using Wordpress and this Google Authenticator plugin which produces a login screen like

I need 1Password simply to enter the username and password and sit there. I will enter the 6 digit key and click on the button

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• TheDetective
    TheDetective
    Community Member

If you click on the Wordpress entry in your 1Password vault and then click on the edit button, there should be and entry towards the bottom that says Submit. Select "Never." That should prevent the site from auto submitting.

• Hi @Fedup,

TheDetective is correct, you need to edit the Login item to disable the auto-submit feature for the item.

The better solution is for us to also fill your TOTP digits along with your username/password and that's something we want to add in the future.

This discussion has been closed.