My 1password version Version 3.8.22 (build 32010 is shutting down automatically

My 1password version Version 3.8.22 (build 32010 is shutting down automatically as soon as I type 3 letters on the application. However, it works perfectly as an extention on Chrome

1Password Version: My 1password version Version 3.8.22 (build 32010 i
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: el capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:shutting down

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @tr3der,

This looks like might be related to everything discussed in 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X. We've seen a couple of reports now and I don't know if it's something solvable by trying a fresh copy or if it's a bigger issue like how fields are not visible when an item is being edited. What I will say is that we last worked on 1Password 3 when Mountain Lion was the current version of OS X and it might be that OS X has changed sufficiently where 1Password 3 can no longer work effectively.

One thing to try is to move the current copy of the application to the trash and download a fresh copy - see if that makes any difference.

1. Ensure 1Password 3 is not running
    2. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash. Please don't use an app cleaner.
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Download 1Password 3 for Mac again from the Legacy section of our AgileBits Download page and move the new copy to your /Applications/ folder.

If that allows it to launch again or work where it was previously crashing that's great. If it doesn't improve it may be another incompatibility between 1Password 3 and El Capitan. Please do keep us informed though.

This discussion has been closed.