Hi. I'm away from home and unexpectedly need to open my 1password vault. Can I access the log in page through a friend's laptop?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi. I'm away fom home and need to open my 1password vault. How can I access the log in page?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cfrowland: Possibly, if you're running an internet-accessible web server on your laptop and left it running (sort of a bad idea, so probably not). Or if you've stored your vault in Dropbox, it may be possible to use 1PasswordAnywhere. But that isn't always an option, and ultimately the best thing to do is use the 1Password app on a trusted computer. After all, that's why you bought it! :chuffed:

• Hi @cfrowland,

I would not advise trying to access your 1Password data on a computer you don't control, you don't know for sure your friend doesn't have malware running on the laptop that could sniff your passwords. At the very least, do not use public computers in any situations.

We do offer 1Password apps on your mobile devices if you have them, this would be the most secure method you can use when away from your computer.

This discussion has been closed.