Internet Explorer Extension Not Working in IE 9.0/Windows 7

My company recently upgrade my computer and I'm trying to reconfigure 1Password in the new computer. Both computers run IE 9 and Windows 7. I had no problems with 1Password in my old computer, but, while the extension button is visible on the menu bar, clicking it does nothing. I have tried unchecking it in the Browser section of the Preferences window, closing IE, the re-checking it and opening IE, but it still does not work. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:internet explorer extension

Comments

• Hi @nicholayevna,

What happens if you try to type Control + \ on a login page in Internet Explorer, does it open 1Password menu at all?

Can you check this:

1. Open Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu on top right (gear button), and select Manage Add-ons
    2. Select Toolbar and extensions on the left sidebar and look for two separate 1Password components. Check to make sure they are enabled. If one of them is disabled, right-click on it to select Enable.

Restart Internet Explorer and see if 1Password will work now.

• nicholayevna
    nicholayevna
    Community Member

Mike,

Thanks for the response. If I type Ctrl L, nothing happens at a previously set-up 1Password log-in page.

I checked in Manage Add-ons, and there are indeed two separate 1Password entries, and both are enabled..... :-(

• Hi @nicholayevna,

Could you email us your 1Password diagnostic report, we'd like to take a deeper look. Please use this guide to generate the report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• nicholayevna
    nicholayevna
    Community Member

It is sent! Thanks.

• MikeT
    edited October 2015

We got the report, we'll reply to your email as soon as we finish analyzing it.

ref: ICP-71399-986

This discussion has been closed.