Windows 10, Firefox 41.0.2, 1Password 4.6.0.586, Firefox 1Password add-on 4.4.3. Outlook 2013.

Whenever I go to Firefox from an Outlook link and attempt to fill in the username/password on the linked log on screen I get the famous IPassword/Firefox dialog box explaining how the signature from 1Password is not valid. This is pretty maddening because I cannot even get to the 1Password menu without externally executing the 1Password application and looking up the correct logon information. Why is the signature not supplied or not correct in this instance and what can I do (or what can you do) do correct the problem

1Password Version: 1Password 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password - Firefox signature problem when using Firefox and 1Password from a link from Outlook

Comments

• Hi @hoodte,

This is a security check from 1Password to make sure your browser is signed by the company who made it. This prevents someone else from shipping you an infected copy of the browser or modifying your browser in a way that could be used against the 1Password extension. You can find out more here: https://support.1password.com/invalid-code-signature-win/

However, it could also be a sign of an interference between the 1Password extension and 1Password Helper, mostly from an anti-malware software.

Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you're using?

You can disable the code signature check here: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-validation/

If you do that, let us know if it works and if yes, that means you have a third party interference. You should not leave it disabled.

• hoodte
    hoodte
    Community Member

Mike, thanks. I believe the only malware I using is Windows Defender currently, but I'll double check. In the mean time I would like to test the disable-browser-validation mentioned...but before I do follow your procedure, can I simply go ahead and use the same procedure to re-enable the validation?

• Hi @hoodte,

Yes, you will be able to reverse it by doing the same thing again.

• hoodte
    hoodte
    Community Member

Mike, thanks again. Even attempting to reply to your response as I linked in from Outlook I get the adverse response until I disabled the checking of the signature. Once re-enabling the signature check I get the same failure. Windows Defender is the only malware I am using at the current time. Is there a port check or something like that that Defender should be aware of to get things working without unnecessarily exposing myself to browser attacks, etc.?

• Hi @hoodte,

You can find the ports information here: https://support.1password.com/configure-windows-firewall-proxy/

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostic report, we might find something that might not related to Windows Defender. Please use this guide to generate the report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• Hey @hoodte! I just wanted to let you know that we have received your diagnostic report and will be getting back to you via email soon. :)

ref: NVT-68191-316

This discussion has been closed.