Can't update 1password after installing El Captian

After I updated my Mac to El Captian, I can't update 1Password. Every time when it finishes downloading, it says 'An error occurred while extracting the archive'. Also, I can't edit the content properly. When I start typing, it doesn't show what I am typing.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:update

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @VidaAudrey,

Sorry for the delay in responding. In this case what I would recommend would be the following:

1. Ensure 1Password 3 is not running
    2. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash. Please don't use an app cleaner.
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Download 1Password 3 for Mac again from the Legacy section of our AgileBits Download page and move the new copy to your /Applications/ folder.

I would recommend reading 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X though as we are aware of a growing number of incompatibilities between the older 1Password 3 and newer versions of OS X. The sticky will talk about what we're aware of and why it has happened. As you're running El Capitan you may find it results in a more pleasurable experience if you consider 1Password 5 which is the current version and so compatible with the latest versions of OS X.

• VidaAudrey
    VidaAudrey
    Community Member

hi @littlebobbytables Thanks very much for your help. I took your advice and upgraded to 1Password 5, much more useful and love it :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you're most welcome. I'm glad that you're enjoying 1Password 5. be sure to reach out if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.