Secure note attachments not syncing

Options
2»

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @andrewstrauss,

The reason I asked about the backup count is that I've spent the last day testing this and what I found is that 1Password may be reporting the export count incorrectly, so it is possible 1Password did import everything but the counts were wrong. That's why I asked about the backups, it shows the same accurate item counts for me throughout my testing while the export count has been incorrect. This is unusual because this only happens for one of my dozen vaults, the rest shows the same item counts.

I've contacted our developer to see what it may be, I think we're counting something else in the import process that is not actually needed.

Also, after changing to OPVault, my iPhone wouldn't sync (I am using WiFi sync), so I turned off syncing, and then re-enabled it.

That's intentional since they are not the same vault and has entirely different encryption keys, did the error tell you that the vault doesn't match? We can't tell you the % accurately because they're encrypted on both side.

The correct procedure would've been what you did for your iPad, to reset the data in the app and pull the fresh one from the PC. We'll clarify this in our docs, thank you.

How about an option to delete all data, but NOT all settings?

Not possible because many of the settings are encrypted with your encryption key, it has to be removed anyway since it will not work with a different vault.

I hope these suggestions help you, as your interface has a lot of things that are hard for users.

They really do, we're having a deep conversation about the import process and I hope there's a better news coming soon.

• Thank you for your detailed reports and patience with this. I'll follow up as soon as I have more information from our team.

This discussion has been closed.